Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Not much new from last week that needs show notes, just more awesome progress on the Color Affection KAL and the C25K/ American Heart Association project. Check out last week's show notes or our Ravelry group for all the details!!
Colorway Contest with Desert Vista Dyeworks ends Friday, May 25, so post your inspiration pics on Ravelry NOW!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
No FO's this week.
WIP's are the same as last week. Been doing some designing that I can't show you just yet.
Color Affection KAL!!
- Started May 15 and will run through September 18. There is a prize thread up on the Ravelry group for FO's.
- Drawing for the patterns and yarn from Unwind Yarn Company!
- Doing the Joint SAL FroggyMonkey/Knitabulls. I am spinning the FroggyMonkey colorway. Will begin in the next day or so.
- Also doing the Downton Abbey SAL with Storied Yarns. I got the "Dancing in the Hall" colorway, inspired by Matthew and Mary's troubled relationship.
- Begin your training now ladies!!
- Colorway contest sponsored by Desert Vista Dyeworks. (Thanks, Susan!) Post your color ideas to either my Ravelry group or Susan's. Winner of the contest wins a skein of the yarn. Contest runs through May 25. Pre-orders for the yarn will be posted on June 1.
- Pam (PKJewelry) and I are designing the "running sock". Pattern to be debuted soon.
- Yarn and Pattern will be a fundraiser for the American Heart Association.
Fitness Swap: It is still in the works, but will begin in a month or two, once the other two big things going on are under way.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
FO: Basic Dude Socks for Hunter, pattern by Jolene Richardson. Used Sensations Kashmirs Yarn in Green Stripe on my Chiagoo US 6 (4.00 mm) needles, magic looped.
WIP: Something Blue for Jenn's wedding. The Knit Hilton Lace Edging pattern by Nancie Wiseman. I switched it from a garter stitch pattern to a st st pattern by purling all the rest rows instead of knitting them.
Color Affection KAL:
- Begins May 15
- Sign-up on Ravelry Group for entry in prize drawing next week:
- 2 of the patterns
- 1 skein/braid/batt from Unwind Yarn Company. (Thanks, Dana!)
- Will continue throughout the summer.
- You may double-dip, our even join in with your WIP.
- I will be using Dream in Color Smooshy (said it wrong on the podcast) in Sundown Orchid, Amethyst Ink, and Happy Forrest.
- Still having to walk. Shins HURT!
- Check out the "Chubby Jones Podcast" It is cute, and has the intervals for the C25K plan. Thanks, nontoxicmoma, for recommending it.
- Julie (Joenjules) suggested a sock knit-a-long, designed by a "girlfriend" and proceeds from the pattern go to charity. Check out the Rav group to post your thoughts and/or ideas about this.
Fitness Themed Swap: Go to the Rav group to post ideas/suggestions for a fitness themed swap. We could begin in June, and send packages out in August.
200 member give away! I give away two prizes from our current member list. Did you win??? If so, send me a PM on Ravelry.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- Purple Zebra socks from last week
- Basic Dude Socks, for Hunter
- Garden basket socks, trying my hand at designing
- Something blue handkerchief for Jenn, had to rip out all the lace
- Square for KGASS in Hanky Panky Blue (that's all I'm saying!)
- Gnome Acres - Green lantern color way, 303 of 2 ply fingering weight
- Anzula Fiber - Garden colorway, n-ply to keep colors together. First n-ply yarn.
- Knotty Ewe - White Zinfandel colorway - a sweet grass target combed top, on the wheel now
- Gnome Acres - Will be beginning froggymonkey color way next for Joint SAL with Knitabulls and Knitting in Circles
- walking about 30 min in evenings.
- Yoga in the morning
- Still struggling with water.
- Sylvia (silvermole) was the group member I mentionned last week that said to set a schedule for drinking water
- Alexa (Alexaferg18) suggested to drink water before anything else
- Michelle (strickland66) recommended using a straw and switching from sweet tea to unsweetened tea then water.
- Mary (artistmaybe) has a cup that you rotate the cap and it counts how much water you drink. We need details Mary!!
- Alexaferg18, nontoxicmoma, joenjules - are you still with me? Who else is willing to join us?
- Nontoxicmoma recommended The Chubby Jones Podcast, which has weekly intervals for C25K. I haven't checked it out yet, but plan to.